Saturday, June 9, 2018

6.9

COLOR VALUES:

RGB 177 228 227
HEX/HTML B1E4E3
CMYK 23 0 10 0

❝Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.❞

DR. SEUSS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

6/9/18. My 15th Birthday!

Today was quite a good day. I lost my left lens in the morning. But mom forgave me because she wouldn't get mad at me. Anyways, I ate seaweed soup (traditional birthday meal). After that, we went to the Spectrum to shop and eat. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory which I ate an avocado toast. Then, we went to shop for my shorts. I don't know why I was acting up again but it was because mom wouldn't approve of anything I wanted to wear. I heard a little girl hold up a slightly exposing shirt and showed it to her mom and said "Daddy would kill me". It made me so sad that even her dad (or parents) wouldn't let her wear the clothes that she wanted (kind of reminded me of me too). But still I got the shirt that I wanted. It was kind of hard for me because I saw the look on mom's face and it looked like she was disappointed. But the thing is, it wasn't something that would show so much of my chest or body. It was something "normal" that girls would wear at my school, everyday. I bet that their parents wouldn't even care. But why do my parents care? Maybe it's their Asian upbringing and culture. I can't wait for college so I can actually shop for my own clothes without having to waste time thinking "What will Dad/Mom think of it?". Anyways, I got some really expensive shorts (for running). I might sound a bit selfish right now though. It was a pretty good day despite the thing with mom and me. My grades are all at an A or an A-, but science is still at a B+. I really hope I end up with all A's (range) this semester. I want summer break to be a replenishing break for me. I have so many goals ahead of me and I want to complete all of those with 104 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment